Posted by Jennifer on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 7:22pm.
Can anyone help me out with this problem. For part a i understand i plot microbial numbers against time on semi log paper to determine D value for the two temperatures. But i'm unsure how to do part b.
Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris is a quite hat resistant microorganism that has been causing problems in the fruit juice industry.Data below shows the thermal inactivation data determined experimentally for A. acidoterrestris spores in orange juice at 85.2‹ and 91‹C.
85.2 degrees celcius
Time Spore concentration
(min) in the juice N (cfu/ml)
0 min 1.9* 10^7
20 min 1.6* 10^7
40 min 9.1* 10^6
60 min 7.9* 1^0^6
80 min 4.8* 10^6
120 min 6.2* 10^5
160 min 8.9*10^4
180 min 5.5*10^4
91 degrees celcius
time (min) Spore concentration
in the juice N (cfu/ml)
0 min 1.7*10^7
2 min 8.1*10^6
5 min 4.0*10^6
8 min 2.6*10^6
11 min 1.8*10^6
14 min 8.0*10^5
16 min 5.9*10^5
18 min 2.6*10^5
21 min 2.8*10^5
a. Determine thermal resistance parameters of Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris in the orange juice.
b. Suggest an appropriate P91‹C]value for this juice.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- microbiology - How do i plot a semi log graph for OD vs. time? The values for OD...
- Chemistry - When solutions of two reactants were mixed in a coffee-cup ...
- Algebra - Determine whether the given numbers are solutions of the inequality. t...
- statistics - Hey. I am having problem with stem leaf plot diagram. Heres the ...
- College alegbra - A rancher wants to create a fence enclosing 1500 m2 of land. ...
- Chem - Calibration data for a bromide ion-selective electrode (ISE) was ...
- Math! - Factoring Completely! 13b^2-13 I got (13b-13)(1b-1). On my test my ...
- Biology Research Paper - Is this alright as my 'hooking' beginning? We find it ...
- TRig WIth LoGs help1!! - i have problem i can't solve and the book is no help.. ...
- Logs. - Can you please help me with the following log. problems? thanxs! Solve ...