Posted by Christopher on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:23pm.
Is a Cliché phrase considered Plagiarism? (the author is dead more than 390 years ago.)
Is it okay to use it in a writing piece or poem?
Should/will it be penalized or will you be given punishment if only used in 8th grade?
- English: Plagiarism, Clichés - GuruBlue, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:43pm
If you use something someone else has said, then you must put it in quotation marks.
For instance, a cliche is "a stitch in time saves nine". I have no idea who the person was who said that first, but it is commonly used. You may use it in a poem or piece of writing in quotes.
- English: Plagiarism, Clichés - Christopher, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:46pm
"to be, or not to be, that is the question,"
was used in a poem
is that okay?
- English: Plagiarism, Clichés - GuruBlue, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 1:37pm
Yes, that is not a cliche, but so long as you use quotes around it, you are fine.
- English: Plagiarism, Clichés - Writeacher, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 3:18pm
That particular quotation is from Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Act 3, scene 1, lines 58+
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- list some harmful effects of plagiarism. - please ineed answer for this ...
- English/ Help - Choose the sentence that does not include a usage error. A) In ...
- English I - Define plagiarism. What can you do to avoid plagiarism?
- Writing - Which one of the following sentences or phrases is most likely to be ...
- Computers (Internet) - Is this considered plagiarism? Original passage: A letter...
- english - Read the faculty’s rubric comments and the Turnitin® report provided ...
- English - Can someone read over this paper and tell if it's okay? Plagiarism ...
- Writing - Can Someone comment on how well i did my my poem please. Drive No ...
- writing - Which situations is not considered plagiarism? C a)turning in someone...
- Effective essay writing - Resources: Appendix B, Effective Introductions and ...