Posted by Alex on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 10:21am.
For high quality representation of an analog waveform that varies between 10Hz and 100Hz, a digital data acquisition system will have to record data at what minimum frequency?
a. 1000 sps
b. 5000 sps
c. 200 sps
information theory - drwls, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 11:18am
What does this question have to do with biology?
Digital sampling must be done at twice the maximum frequency. I think it's called the Nyquist sampling theorem.
Bio Please Help - Alex, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 11:51am
it's for a biology lab ...in physiology.
I really don't even understand the question.
Bio Please Help - drwls, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:06pm
The answer is 200 sps in this case. It is a fundamental theorem of digital sampling. It's the basis of how digital sound files and TV have replaced analog transmission of video. Almost all information these days is recorded and transmitted digitally, for more conventient transmission, storage and data processing.
Bio Please Help - utheat, Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 10:57pm
Well at first I think its 200sps because it says HIGH quality representation. But at the same time, minimum is a tricky word in there too.. was 200sps the correct answer in the end?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Bio - If your MP100 (random name for the ECG device) is recording at 10 sps (...
- ECG Help - Bio - If your MP100 is set to sample at 100 sps, what is the maximum ...
- Bio - If limb lead III has tiny waves (i.e. nearly a flat line), while leads I ...
- help - why don't Herbs and shrubs grow upright in the tundra http://ths.sps.lane...
- SPS - An educator claims that the average salary of substitute teachers in ...
- Math - The following data set gives the difference between the winning and? ...
- Word Problem - The following data set gives the difference between the winning ...
- Science - Describe the climate and physical characteristics of that biome and ...
- Algebra 2 - Use Cramer's rule to find the number of items the company must sell ...
- Health care Information System 3 - "Quality Improvement and Measurement" Analyze...