Posted by Kate on Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 8:35pm.
- Math (trig) - Reiny, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 10:47pm
What about it? Are we solving for x ??
if so, then ....
4 cosx + 5 = 6/cosx
4cos^2x + 5cosx = 6
4cos^2x + 5cosx - 6 = 0
(4cosx - 3)(cosx + 2) = 0
cosx = 3/4 or cosx = -2 , Not possible since |cosx| ≤1
so cosx = 3/4
x = 41.4° or x = 221.4°
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- HELPPPPPPP (TRIG) - 4cos(x) 5=6sec(x)
- Physics - A body falls freely from rest for a 6sec find the distance traveled in...
- trig - Write an equation for simple harmonic motion, given that the amplitude ...
- trig - y=4cos(3x-2(3.14))
- Math - Solving Trig Equations - What am I doing wrong? Equation: sin2x = 2cos2x ...
- trig - 5sin(2x)+4cos(x)=0
- trig - 5sin(2x)+4cos(x)+0
- trig - 4cos(2x)+2cos(x)+3=0
- TRIG - Factor 4cos^2x+4cosx-1=0
- Trig - Factor 4cos^2x+4cosx-1=0