Posted by Tamir on Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 8:01pm.
Hello. Can someone check my answers to the following
Factor each of the following
1. a^2 - 9
a^2 - 9 = 0
(a - 3)a + 3)
2. 4a^2 - 4a+1
4a^2 - 4a + 1
= 4a^2 - 2a - 2a + 1
= 2a(2a - 1) - 1(2a - 1)
= (2a - 1)(2a - 1)
3. 72 - 22x + x^2
72 - 22x + x^2
= x^2 - 22x + 72
= x^2 - 18x - 4x + 72
= x (x - 18) - 4 (x - 18)
= (x - 4) (x - 18)
4. Solve by factoring 3x^2 + 5x - 2 =0
Oh, the x^2 is squared.
Thanks in advance.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Hello, can someone check my answers to the following Algebra questions...
- Algebra - Can someone check my algebra answers and help me with the problems I ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone check my answers. Write the following equations in ...
- Algebra Please Check answers - Directions: Determine whether each trinomial is a...
- Algebra - Hello, can someone help me solve and check the following 1) x - 8 = 20...
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - Which of the following results in the graph of f(x...
- Algebra - Hi! I just want you to check if my answers are correct. Factor the ...
- Math - Hello I did my math homework, but I need someone to check if I did it ...
- Algebra - Would someone please check these answers? Simplify. 3/x-5+1/1-4/x-5 ...
- Math - Hello, I need to know if I have the right answers to these questions. 2x-...