Posted by Sara on Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 7:06pm.
My class and I have to write a a-z story. It can be about anything. A-Z means that each sentence has to start with each diff letter from the alphabet. So the first sentence would start with A; second sentence would start with B, etc.
I want to do a story on the "The Ugly Duckling, because I have read that story many, many times and I really like it. I can't seem to think of the first sentence. Can you please give a few suggestions for the starting sentence. It has to start with the letter A. Thank you very much for all of your help:-)
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 7:12pm
An ugly duckling . . .
A pitiful bird . . .
A duckling . . .
- English - Sara, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 7:23pm
I can't seem to think of a good sentence to start the story.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, but I am unable to think of the rest. I thought of,: A duck family......, but I want the starting to be really good, and am just unable to make it stand out.
How about...A Mother Duck had given birth to six little ducklings one fine morning.
I don't know if that's good, is there any way I culd shorten it out?
I'll appreciate all the help you could give me, thanks
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 7:37pm
Your sentence is an an excellent start for this story.
It could be shortened to:
A duck gave birth to six ducklings.
- English - Sara, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 7:39pm
Thank you Ms. Sue:-) I will post the whole story on this after I'm done completing it, thanks a lot:-)
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 7:41pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Write complete sentence if the statement is a complete sentence. Write...
- language - Please help me in figuring out my worksheet that says to follow ...
- 5-6th grade Math - Follow instructions: 1) Write the word SOLAR. 2) Add the 5th ...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- English - 1. According to 'spacing words', write the following right. ...
- English (Understanding Sentence) - It's from "Letter from a Birmingham Jail [...
- Early Childhood Education - Lesson Plan for 3 year olds: See If I am doing it ...
- Latin - My book translated the sentence "They report the victory by means of a ...
- English - if I have a quote that starts at the beginning of a sentence would I ...
- English - Sorry, this is the last one Does this sentence begin with an adverb: ...