Posted by Jennifer on Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:01pm.
I'm writing a report by interpreting myself as a Jew during the holocaust and I have to write a journal entry about 8 to 10 sentences describing the time spent on the way to my concentration camp. I was wondering, how far it was from Holland to Auschwitz?
English - Jennifer, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:02pm
When I meant how far, I meant how far in days
English - Writeacher, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:13pm
In an airplane going 550 mph, that would take 1 hour, 6 minutes.
If a train were going 40 mph* how many hours would it take to go 609 miles?
*40 mph is just a guess. If you find out how fast or slow trains traveled in those days, use that number.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:17pm
The distance between Amsterdam and Auschwitz is about 800 miles. A train could have made the journey in 1944 in 2 or 3 days. However, it's likely that trains carrying Jews took much longer.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:19pm
Thanks, Writeacher. I couldn't find the exact distance.
English - Jennifer, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:36pm
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:47pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I have to write a report as if I were a Jew in a concentration camp. I...
- English - What did the SS say to Jews as they were taken from their homes? I ...
- English :Journal entry - We have been assinged a tast to write a journal entry ...
- English - Can someone give me some sentences to use, to describe yourself. I ...
- English 7 (journals) - I have this assignment for english. Ok like I have a ...
- English (Journal Entry) - You see I have this weekly assignment for english ...
- English 7 - Narretive/Journal Entry Assignment - Read below: English 7 HW - ...
- English 7 - Journal Entry Assignment - I have an another journal entry ...
- English 12 - writing essay - I have to write a 5 paragraph essay on wiether or ...
- English (answer quick) - Tonight for english I have to print out 2-3 articles ...