Posted by gill on Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 6:27am.
A baby bounces up and down in her crib. Her mass is 13.5 kg, and the crib mattress can be modeled as a light spring with force constant 682 N/m.
If she were to use the mattress as a trampoline—losing contact with it for part of each cycle—what minimum amplitude of oscillation does she require?
- PHYSICS - Damon, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 6:41am
w = 2 pi f = sqrt(k/m)
x = A sin wt
v = A w cos wt
a = -A w^2 sin wt
max a = A w^2 = g
g = A w^2
A = g m/k
- PHYSICS - Anonymous, Friday, May 21, 2010 at 4:39am
to damon. that doesnt help. be more detailed.
- PHYSICS - ANON, Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 1:24pm
Damon is Stating that-
F=1/T T=2*pi/w so T= 2pi/sqrt(k/m)
using our values T=2pi/sqrt(682/13.50)=.884004
Therefore F=1/.884004 -->=1.13121
For the second part acceleration=Aw^2 which must equal the acc. of gravity(g)
g=Aw^2 w=sqrt(k/m) so w=7.107638
plugging into our equation the equation g=Aw^2: 9.8=A*(7.107638^2)
9.8/50.518518=A, so A=.193988 meters
which is about 19.39 cm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - There is a crib next to the wall. There is a picture on the wall. In ...
- communications - Baby crib bumpers have been used throughout generations, ...
- Quick Math Question - I want to shampoo my mattress with a cleanser. On the ...
- physics- density - An air mattress is 2.1 m long, 0.55 m wide, and 13 cm deep. ...
- PHYSICS! - An air mattress is 2.36 m long, 0.640 m wide, and 12.2 cm deep. If ...
- physics - Sir Robert Hooke (1635-1703), studied the elastic properties of ...
- math - A shopkeeper sells a mattress and makes a profit of 10% on the cost price...
- Physics - A high-jumper clears the bar and has a downward velocity of -6.00 m/s ...
- Physics(Please help) - A high-jumper clears the bar and has a downward velocity ...
- english - Please check the meaning: "Like a cat in a corn crib, the girl pup ...