Posted by Sally on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 8:17pm.
A charge of 28.0 is placed in a uniform electric field that is directed vertically upward and that has a magnitude of 4.00×104 . What work is done by the electric force when the charge moves
- physicsa 6a - drwls, Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 8:24pm
You need to provide units for the charge and the E-field. I assume they are Coulombs and Volts/meter, but unless you say what they are, you have not asked a proper physics question.
The work done on the charge will depend upon how far it moves.
- physicsa 6a - Sally, Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 9:23pm
I am so sorry my computer didn't transfer it
.550m to the right
- physics - drwls, Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 1:41am
The force on the particle is
E*q = 4*10^4 N/C * 28*10^-9 C.
Multiply that by 0.550 m for the work done, in Joules.
(Volts/meter and Newtons/Coulomb are equivalent units)
- physicsa 6a - Sally, Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 2:07am
thnak you! Can you please help me with this one as well? Its the same problem:
2.40 at an angle of 45.0 downward from the horizontal?
- physicsa 6a - Sally, Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 2:19am
sorry again my computer..2.4m
- physicsa 6a - drwls, Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 6:23am
The work done will equal the force times the distance moved vertically (in the direction of the E field). You answer will contain a sin 45 = 0.707 factor.
The force will be up and you are moving the charge down, so potential energy will increase as work is done on the charge.
Answer this Question
- Physics - A charge of 28.0 nC is placed in a uniform electric field that is ...
- physics - A uniform electric field exists everywhere in the x, y plane. This ...
- physics - Background pertinent to this problem is available in Interactive ...
- Physics - What must the charge (sign and magnitude) of a particle of mass 1.48g ...
- Physics electric force, please help! - A charge of +Q and a charge of +2Q are ...
- physics - A uniform electric field is directed upward and has a magnitude of 5 N...
- Physics - An object with a net charge of 20 µC is placed in a uniform electric ...
- physics - An object with a net charge of 21 µC is placed in a uniform electric ...
- physics - An object with a net charge of 35 µC is placed in a uniform electric ...
- PHYSICS - 1. Why is an electric field considered to be a vector quantity? 2. ...