Posted by Kendra on Monday, May 17, 2010 at 1:07pm.
Cinnamic alcohol is used mainly in perfurmery, particularly in soaps and cosmetics. Its molecular formula is C9H10O.
a. Calculate the percent composition by masss of C, H, and O in cinnamic alcohol.
b. How many molecules of cinnamic alchol are contained in a sample of mass 0.469 grams.
Please explain how to do this problem and provide the correct answers.
General Chemistry - Jazz, Monday, May 17, 2010 at 1:21pm
a) 45% C
(I'm not sure what is meant with mass but this should be the percentage of how much of each element is present in the molecule...)
b) since molecular formula of cinnamic acid is C9H10O, its molecular mass is (9x12)+10+16 = 134.
This is the amount of g per mol.
So 0.469g has 0.035 mol.
General Chemistry - Kendra, Monday, May 17, 2010 at 6:16pm
Jazz. Can you give show me how to solve for cinnamic alcohol and not acid?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- General Chemistry - Cinnamic alcohol is used mainly in perfurmery, particularly ...
- organic chemistry --please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Calculate the theoretical ...
- Chemistry - Suppose a student started with 133 mg of trans-cinnamic acid and 0....
- chemistry - Suppose a student started with 135 mg of trans-cinnamic acid and 0....
- Organic Chemistry - Suppose a student started with 129 mg of trans-cinnamic acid...
- Chemistry - Suppose a student started with 128 mg of trans-cinnamic acid and 0....
- chemistry - Why must bromine be added slowly to trans-cinnamic acid?
- Chemistry - Ethyl alcohol which is prent in many beverages molecular formular ...
- organic chem - An unknown compound melted at 131-133°C. It is thought to be one ...
- Chemistry - Would there be any difference in "beginning percent composition" of ...