Posted by Ted on Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 8:45pm.
a sqyuare based pyramid is on top of a cube .both shapes have the same base and the same height. which expression repreents the total volume of this shape? justify your answer
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 8:57pm
What are your choices?
- math - Reiny, Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 10:10pm
What did you not like about my answer yesterday?
- math - Ted, Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 10:45pm
my choices are:
A. v=4b^4h^2 divided by 3
B. v=2b^4h^2 divided by 6
C. v=4b^2h divided by3
D. v=2b^2h divided by 3
E. v=4b^4h^2 divided by 6.
this is for ms.sue.
- math - Reiny, Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 11:01pm
Ted, neither in todays nor in yesterdays post did you give any dimensions.
Your choices of answers suggest that the base had side b and the height was h
so matching my answer of (4/3)x base area x height
would be C. 4b^2h/3 or (4/3) b^2 h
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATHS - The shape, a cube and a square based pyramid. Both shapes have the same ...
- math - Adam has built a garden shed in the shape described. a square based ...
- math - looking at a square pyramid, if the size of the base remains the same and...
- Math - A cube with a volume of 216 cm3 is cut down to a pyramid with the same ...
- Geometry - 1 How many faces does a square pyramid have? 2 How many edges does a ...
- Geometry - The volume of a square pyramid is equal to _____ times the volume of...
- geometry - A pyramid has a square base with sides length of b. The height of the...
- Mathematics - OPQRS is a right pyramid whose base is a square of sides 12cm each...
- Math - VWXYZ is a rectangle-based pyramid where WX = 66 cm and XY = 32 cm. The ...
- Maths - OPQRS is a right pyramid whose base is a square of sides 12cm each. ...