Posted by IBY on Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 7:36am.
Which of the following can we predict from an equilibrium constant for a reaction?
1 The extent of a reaction
2 Whether the reaction is fast or slow
3 Whether a reaction is exothermic or endothermic
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. 3 only
d. 1 and 2 only
e. 1 and 3 only
2. (Points: 1)
Carbonic acid is a diprotic acid, H2CO3, with Ka1 = 4.2 ´ 10-7 and Ka2 = 4.8 ´ 10-11. The ion product for water is Kw = 1.0 ´ 10-14.
What is the H3O+ concentration in a saturated carbonic acid solution that is 0.037 molar?
a. 3.7 ´ 10^-2
b. 7.4 ´ 10^-2
c. 6.5 ´ 10^-4
d. 1.2 ´ 10^-4
e. 4.2 ´ 10^-7
3. (Points: 1)
When all the following solutes act as acids, the one with the weakest conjugate base is
4. (Points: 1)
A sample of ammonia (Kb = 1.8 * 10^-5) is titrated with 0.1 M H2SO4. At the equivalence point, the pH is approximately
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Which of the following can we predict from an equilibrium constant ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following can we predict from an equilibrium constant ...
- chemistry - How is the reaction quotient used to determine whether a system is ...
- science, chemistry - 2Al(s)+ 3Cl2(g)=2AlCl3(s) For the above reaction calculate...
- chemistry - State whether each of the following will increase,decrease or ...
- Chemistry - Consider the following reaction at constant P. Use the information ...
- Chemistry - Science (Dr. Bob222) - The following reaction has a positive value ...
- College Chem - 4. Write the balanced equation for CH4+Cl2„_CH2Cl2+HCl6. For the ...
- Chemistry - I think I made a mistake with my previous question. I have two ...
- chemistry - Consider the following overall reaction which is experimentally ...