Posted by kayci on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 6:35pm.
you observe a high tide at 3:00 a.m. If it takes about 6 1/4 hours for the tide to change from hight to low, whic of the following statements is correct?
A. The next low tide will be at 9:15am
B. The afternoon low tide will be at 3:30 p.m
C. The evening high tide will be at 9:45 p.m
1) A only
2) B only
3) C only
4) A and B only
5) B and C only
i would say A.
science - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 6:40pm
Nope. Although A is correct, there is another correct answer.
science - kayci, Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 6:43pm
so would it be 4. A and B
science -- correction - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 6:48pm
I'm sorry. I goofed.
I didn't read carefully.
Your first answer -- A -- is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - what would tides be like if the moon did not exist? a) There would be ...
- Trigonometry - At the ocean, it is known that the tide follows a trigonometric ...
- Math - The Distance from the top of a cliff to the water below ranges from 13m(...
- Science - Check my answers - 1. Which of the following statements best defines ...
- science help plzzz - 1. Which of the following statements best defines tides? (1...
- Science "check my "answers" - 1. Which of the following statements best defines...
- math - Can't figure this one out. The oceans' tide levels vary based on the ...
- math - Tides are cyclical phenomena caused by the gravitational pull of the sun ...
- Math - 3. At the end of a dock, high tide of 14 m is recorded at 9:00 a.m. Low ...
- Science - Which statement best describes a spring tide? A - The periodic rise ...