Posted by joe on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 4:53am.
An organism's ability to maintain steady internal conditions despite changes in its external environment is called
In an organism, a virus enters, and reproduces within, a(n)
The theory that living things come only from other living things is called
A _____________ is a prediction that can be tested.
A(n) __________ becomes part of a cell's DNA without immediately destroying the cell or replicating.
Treating genetic disorders such as sickle-cell anemia by enclosing helpful DNA in a virus and alowing the virus to enter defective cells is a type of
A solution containing inactive virus that is used to prevent a viral disease is a
A bacterial cell DOES NOT have
a cell wall
Proteins are made in cell structures called
In plant cells, food, water, and waste products are stored in structures called
_____________ is a virus-caused disease that affects the human immune system.
Sugars, starch and cellulose are examples of organic compounds called
The material that permanently stores the genetic blueprints of the cell is
Green plants are producers that use light energy to make
Organic compounds in the chromosomes are _______________________.
Most of the life of any cell is spent in a period of cell growth and development called ________________.
Each human skin cell has __________ chromosomes.
Proteins are made of units of ____________ linked together in a specific order.
In sexual reproduction, a new organism is produced when _____________.
cells divide by mitosis
sex cells from two parents combine
an organism divides into two equal parts
a new organism grows from the body of its parent
During meiosis the cell nucleus divides _____ times.
The nucleus of an atom contains ____________________.
protons and neutrons
protons and electrons
protons, neutrons, and electrons
The theory of biogenesis states that ____________________.
living things come only from nonliving things
living things can be made artificially from chemicals in the laboratory
living things come only from other living things
all living things came from viruses
Human sex cells have 46 individual chromosomes.
Animal cells have rigid cell walls.
Structures that store food, water, and waste products in plant cells are called mitochondria.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- biology - Organisms must be able to adapt to a changing external and internal ...
- science - An organism's ability to maintain homeostasis is important to it's ...
- Anatomy & Physiology - A patient is infected with an organism that enters the ...
- Biology - 41. A group calling itself "Virus Alive!" believes that viruses are ...
- Biology - Which term describes an organism's ability to maintain a stable ...
- Bio-100 - I need someone to check my assignment to see if I have the correct ...
- 7th grade science Ms. Sue please - 2. The smallest unit of life is the _____. (1...
- science - A transmission electron microscope was used to examine a microscopic ...
- Science - Which of the following shows the levels of organization in a multi-...
- science - If waste products of an aquatic single celled organism were released ...