Posted by bree on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 9:53pm.
which of the following is necessary for large-scale farming to take place in southwest asia?
a. use of fossil waters
b. dams and irrigation systems
c. desalinization and water treatment processes
d. water from and oasis
southwest asia - Raymond, Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 10:20pm
It is either B or C...
I Think it is B.
southwest asia - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 2:34am
southwest asia - drwls, Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 6:06am
I think it is B, although water treatment processes are also needed to support human populations. Safe drinking water is in very short supply. Desalinization is practical for drinking water in dry countries, but not for agriculture.
There is not enough fossil (well) water, nor water from oases, to support long-term, large-scale agriculture in dry southwest Asian countries.
southwest asia - Laura, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 12:37am
southwest asia - Quinn, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 6:16pm
Oh it is so B. Easy!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 11. Because most of the inhabitants in Southwest Asia live near ...
- Check: Geography - 1.The Soviet program of creating cotton fields in central ...
- Geography - 10. Which of the following would be the most important factor in ...
- history - 13. Which of the following is a reason why Turkey has lagged behind ...
- world geography - deserts cover almost_______percent of north africa, southwest ...
- geography - How has everyday living in North Africa, Southwest Asia, and Central...
- World History - Where did farming first develop? A.Southwest Asia B.southeastern...
- ss - are the middle east and southwest asia the same place
- world history - Where did farming first develop? F.Southwest Asia G.southeastern...
- world geography - _______in north africa, southwest asia, central asia. a. early...