Posted by Heather on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 4:13pm.
solve the system of linear equations using the addition method. Can you please show me the steps on how you reached the answer. Thank You
Math - anonymous, Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 6:13pm
In one equation, solve for one of the variables in terms of the other. For instance,
Then plug this variable into the other equation in order to yield a constant for y.
But you're still not done. You have to plug this back into the equation in which you solved for x so you can get a constant value for x as well.
So x=8 and y=-8.
Please try a similiar problem like this on your own so you are able to fully understand how to go about solving systems of equations. This site is here to help you, not do your homework for you. You won't learn anything if you just copied what I just typed up. Learning comes best when cemented independently.
Good luck, and peace out.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I am stuck on trying to figure out how to do this question. Could someone...
- Math - Write two equations that have your two integers as solutions. Show how ...
- algebra - Please check my system of linear equations using any algebraic method...
- math - 1. Select any two integers between -12 and +12 which will become ...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...
- Algebra HELP - USE LINEAR COMBINATIONS TO SOLVE THE SYSTEM OF LINEAR EQUATIONS (...
- Pre-Calc - Solve the system of equations using either the substitution method or...
- MATH - Find the solution/point of intersection of the following quadratic-linear...
- gr.10 math - solve the linear system using substitution. please show me the ...
- algebra 1 - Solve the following systems of linear equations using algebraic ...