Posted by Dean on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:19pm.
"Do the two inequalities have the same solutions? Wriet yes or no.
-5x > 0
x > 0
Solve each inequality and ch eck your solution.
9x > 81
- Algebra - CL, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:23pm
-5x > 0
-5x/-5 > 0/-5
x < 0 since we are dividing by a negative, the inequality changes
so, no the answer is not the same
9x > 81
x > 81/9
x > 9
- Algebra - Do, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:25pm
first one no:
when dividing by a negative you need to flip the inequality sign
-5x > 0 = x < 0
x<0 doesn't equal x>0
- Algebra - Anonymous, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:28pm
A 3-mi cab ride costs $3.00. A 6-mi cab ride costs $4.80. Find a linear equation that models cost c as a function of distance d.
- Algebra - Do, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:29pm
you should have posted as a new question
- Algebra - Dean, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:37pm
Can you help me on this problem as well? (or anyone.)
Solve each inequality and check your solution.
- > -7
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra final, please help - Solve (x+17)(x-20)(x+8)>0 The solution set is (x...
- Please Math - 8. p + 4 < –24 p < –20 p < 28 p < –28 p < 20 9.p/8...
- Algebra - Solve the following linear inequality graphically. x+2y<4 x-y<5 ...
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - Will you please explain the steps I must take in order to ...
- algebra 1 - Inequality 3 | 2x-2 | +16<58 •simplify as much as possible ...
- Algebra 1A - How many solution sets do systems of linear inequalities have? Do ...
- Algebra 1 - How many solution sets do systems of linear inequalities have? Do ...
- algebra 2 - the 2 unequalities -26<4k-2 and 2k-1<6 A. Write a compound ...
- math - solve the compound inequalities as demostrated being careful of how a ...
- Algebra - How do you know if a value is a solution for an inequality? How is ...