Posted by Andy on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 7:32pm.
Can you please check if I came up with the right answer for this please.
A 4.30L container had 55.10 moles of N2O4 added to it. When equilibrium was established the concentration of N2O4 was found to be 1.69M.What is the Kc for the following reaction?
Reasoning and workings:
12.814M of O
Hows that ??
Is it right??
If it is i am going to be so happy!!
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 8:45pm
I have (N2O4) = 55.10/4.30 = 12.01 M BUT you ended up with the right value for x and the right value for NO2 as well as the right value for K.
chemistry - Andy, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 8:54pm
Doess this mean I fluked the write answer??
Could you write it out as I have above please with your logical answers so I can go away and study if we are right..I am never comfortable not knowing I have the right workings
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 9:03pm
No, you were right. I read my calculator wrong. My eyesight leaves something to be desired and I read 12.81 as 12.01. So all of your numbers are correct. See below for the only picky thing I could find.
12.814M of O This should be 12.814 M N2O4, not of O. Everything else looks ok to me.
chemistry - Andy, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 9:29pm
Thanks DR BOB,
You had me worried for a second there!!
Thanks for all your great help on this one
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Chemistry - Given: N2O4 (g) « 2NO2 (g) @ 25 degrees celcius, Kc is 5.84 x 10...
- Chemistry - 92.01 grams of N2O4 (g) is placed in a container and allowed to ...
- CHEMISTRY - A chemist studying the equilibrium N2O4(g)<----->2NO2(g) ...
- chemistry - at 22°C the equilibrium constant, Kc, for the following reaction is ...
- chemistry - The following system is at equilibrium with [N2O4] = 0.55 M and [NO2...
- Chemistry - Please show step by step with answer The equilibrium constant, Kc, ...
- chemistry - Liquid Nitrogen tetroxide, N2O4(l), was used as a fuel in Apollo ...
- Chem 2 - The following system is at equilibrium with [N2O4] = 0.55 M and [NO2...
- Chemistry - At 55C, the K for the reaction: 2NO2(g) <--> N2O4 is 1.15 a) ...
- Chemistry - When heated, N2O4 dissociates as follows: N2O4 =2NO2 A flask ...