Posted by Chem on Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 3:42pm.
At 2273K, equilibrium constant for the reaction
What would be equilibrim concentration of N2, if initial concentration of NO was 0.1160M?
- gen chem - DrBob222, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 3:54pm
Have you tried setting up an ICE chart? That's the obvious way to go.
- gen chem - Chem, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:01pm
yes I did, but im still not getting the right answer.
I got .1136 which is not the correct answer.
- gen chem - DrBob222, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:07pm
what do you have for
- gen chem - Chem, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:12pm
2NO <-> N2 O2
initial .116 0 0
change -x +x +x
equil .116-x x x
- gen chem - DrBob222, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:26pm
Did you look at your post from last night where we arrived at K = something x 10^-192? That problem didn't ask for K, it asked for pK. I'll get back on the current problem.
- gen chem - DrBob222, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:31pm
NO = 0.1160
N2 = 0
O2 = 0
NO = -2x
N2 = x
O2 = x
NO = 0.1160 - 2x
N2 = x
O2 = x
and solve for x.
- gen chem - Chem, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:31pm
yes, I figured that one out. Thanks so much for the help!
- gen chem - Chem, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:35pm
that works! thank you so much!!
- gen chem - DrBob222, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:54pm
I'm curious about the problem last night. Was the pK about 192?
Answer this Question
- chemistry - At room temperature the equilibrium constant Kc for the reaction: ...
- chemistry - Hey Guys so I have this problem with ICE tables that is extremely ...
- chemistry - At 2273 K the equilibrium constant for the reaction 2 NO(g) « N2(g...
- chemistry - A mixture of 0.100 mol NO, 0.200 mol H2 and 0.0800 mol N2 were ...
- Chemistry - If the initial concentration of NO(g) is 6.745 mol/L, calculate the...
- Chemistry - The reaction 2NO2--->2NO+O2 has the rate constant k= 0.68 m-1s-1...
- chemistry - I keep getting the wrong answer for this one can someone help. The ...
- chemistry - On this problem I keep getting the wrong answer. I am subtracting ...
- CHEM - Calculate the equilibrium constant for the weak base CH3NH2, if a ...
- chemistry - At 2010K, the equilibrium constant Kc is 4*10^-4 for the following: ...