Posted by Kristin on Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 3:07pm.
Directions: We recently watched the movie "Schindler's List," and now we have to write an essay. So I chose to write it based on this question: What are the three most important reasons for Schindler's success in saving 1,100 people? This assignment is supposed to be 5 paragraphs and worth 50 points. So after you read this can you give me a grade out of 50 points thanks.
During the Holocaust it was very difficult for the Jews. Such as they were burned in gas chambers, and were beaten to death in concentration camps. Oskar Shindler, a man who was greedy at first began to feel sorry for the Jews, and did everything to help. By the end of the Holocaust, he saved 1,100 lives and some victims of the Holocaust are still alive today.
To save the Jews from suffering, Schindler wrote a list of names who can board the train. Whomever boarded the train they were headed to a factory in Zwittau-Brinnlitz. At Zwittau-Brinnlitz, they received food, water, clothing, and blankets. At the other factories they previously went to they were treated like animals, but when they arrived at Zwittau-Brinnlitz they were treated like humans. In addition, in the factory Schindler didn't want the SS guards putting their hands on the Jews, instead he wanted them to treat the Jews with respect.
To save the Jews Schindler helped the women when the train taking them to Zwittau-Brinnlitz was accidently taking them to Auschwitz. To stop the train and redirect tehm to Zwittau-Brinnlitz Schindler offered the camp commanders diamonds. After giving the diamonds to the camp commanders they took the train, and headed them off to Zwittau-Brinnlitz. I thought bribing the SS guards was the right thing to do because if he hadn't the women would of went to a dangerous camp where the torture, and make the Jews suffer.
Schindler also saved to lives of children. At first the SS guards wouldn't let the children board with the women, but Schinlder took a stand. By taking his stand he told the SS guards that he needed the children to polish shells. The SS guards agreed, and let the children board with the women. I thought when Schindler took this stand he was very brave, and he also helped children he really didn't know.
In conclusion, from the movie, "Schindler's List" I learned about Oskar Schindler, and how he saved many lives. To help them he sometimes offered many items to either the SS guards, or the commanders. I thought that helping people he didn't know was very brave. He also had such a good heart that some of the young children who went through the Holocaust are still alive today.
- Schindler's List Essay - bobpursley, Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 6:50pm
Have you proofed this essay? It is full of grammatical errors. If it were turned in to me, I would return it with a red rewrite on top.
- Schindler's List Essay - Richard Wilson, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 3:20pm
This is complete crap....work of an illiterate African fourth grader....quit school....um...now
- Schindler's List Essay - Richard Wilson, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 3:21pm
kidding you have the makings of a writing legend
- Schindler's List Essay - joe, Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 3:26pm
- Schindler's List Essay - gabrielle Smith, Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 8:13pm
Whats The Question?
- Schindler's List Essay - Tanner, Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 5:50pm
this is garbage
- Schindler's List Essay - Mark, Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 4:04am
I would probably give it a 20 out of 50.
This essay has a few good ideas, but overall contains much spelling and grammatical errors, and is overall poorly structured. By this I mean there are no links or comparisons between ideas, instead they are just tossed in randomly over different points.
- Schindler's List Essay - Mark, Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 4:09am
You also only make mention of the SS, whereas Schindler had to deal with many other people from the German army, like the Gestapo, Members of the Secondary command, and general German army soldiers (Nazis) all of whom are depicted in the film. Also you haven;t made any mention of Itzak Stern, Schindler's Jewish accountant who played a vital role in his success in saving his Jews.
- Schindler's List Essay - Cheyanne Davis, Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 4:32pm
Oskar Schindler is awesome!! :) he wasn't at first but he killed a lot of lives!! that's flippin great.
- Schindler's List Essay - Cheyanne Davis, Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 4:33pm
- Schindler's List Essay - Jasonley, Friday, July 20, 2012 at 7:13pm
Poor grammar,poor essay structure and not in enough details in the essay.personally I would be ashamed to to even put this online for everyone else to see.10/50.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English movie - Do you know about Steven Spielberg? Let me know something about ...
- world history - Questions from the movie "Schindler's List" Elie Wiesel, a ...
- English essay - I have to write an essay on " Human beings have unlimited ...
- History - What 3 things made Schindler successful in saving 1100 Jewish people? ...
- English 1 - Journal Activity 2.1 A: Prewriting: What Makes a Good Story write an...
- HISTORY - (This homework question was removed due to a copyright claim submitted...
- English comp 2 - I have to write a essay on the movie snow walker. a race and ...
- Literature - i have to write an evaluative essay on a work of literature. i have...
- english essay - Here is a sample outline for the essay: Introduction: Topic: ...
- Movie Essay Topic Help? - Hi, I need to write a essay/narrative/...