Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 9:28pm.
I'm looking to simply answer these questions on Macbeth. Problem is, I really honestly don't understand the entire book.
1. Explain the significance of the pre-murder sililoquy which beings, "Is this a dagger I see before me "(II.i.30)?
2. Provide a quotation which reveals Macbeth's reaction to the murder of Duncan, and comment on what suggests about Macbeth's mental state
3. Briefly summarize the plans of Malcolm and Donalbain after their father's murder. What are the two most significant results of the plans?
5. "Come thick night and pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell." This is one of the many cloaking images (of hiding, disguise, subterfuge) in the play. Using another example, comment on the effect of these images on our understanding of the play and/or character.
English (Macbeth) - Writeacher, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 9:46pm
Here's the best website I've found to help students read Shakespeare's plays:
Click on the title of the play you want, then click on the act and scene. You'll find original Shakespearean language on the left and a modern-day "translation" on the right.
Here are several other really good websites about Shakespeare and his works and his times. Be sure to add ALL THESE to your favorites so you can find them again.
For explanations of particular scenes, soliloquys, etc., use this one.
English (Macbeth) - Jen, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:07pm
Also invest in No Fear Shakespeare! Can be bought at Barnes and Noble for about $5. Side by side text plus translation. Very helpful.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- British Literature - What is the symbolic significance of the dagger in the ...
- English (Macbeth) - Macbeth Questions 1. (Act IV, i) The witches' pageant ...
- English- Macbeth III - 1.Macbeth's vision suggest he is a)susperstitious b)tired...
- Macbeth question? - Lady Macbeth says that the ghost of Banquo is of the same ...
- English - I urgently need to know if the following questions are correct? As ...
- English-Macbeth II - 1.An example of verbal irony is: a)Macbeth saying, "O, yet ...
- English - I really need you to check my rephrase of "Macbeth". I also included a...
- english macbeth act 3 - hey sorry i can't find the question iu poseted earlier ...
- macbeth - After reading Macbeth and going to various websites in order to write ...
- English - This is a paragraph for my essay about how immagination influenced ...