Posted by brea on Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:49pm.
a model of a park was built on a scale of 1.5 centimeters to 50 meters.If the distance between two trees in the park is 150 meters,what is this distance on the model?
6th grade - brea, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:53pm
miranda enlarged a picture propotionally.Her original picture is 4 cm wide and 6 cm long.If the new,larger picture is 10 cm wide, what is its length?
6th grade - Reiny, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:54pm
You should be able to do this in your head.
Isn't the 150m three times the 50 m of the scale?
so what is 3 x 1.5 ?
x/1.5 = 100/50
6th grade - Reiny, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:55pm
What did Miranda multiply the 4 cm by to get 10 cm?
Do the same thing to the 6 cm.
6th grade - Abigail, Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 11:19am
Math 6th grade - Tamara Eskridge, Monday, April 16, 2012 at 1:47pm
how long is a rectangular if its 15 inches wide
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade math - a model of a park was built on a scale of 1.5 inches to 50 feet...
- math - A model of a park was built on scale of 1.5cm to 50m. If the distance ...
- Math - PLZ ANSWER: The plan of a park is at a scale of 1:5000. Calculate the ...
- Physical Science - I need some help. I have tried working this problem and can't...
- math - an oak tree grows 500 meters north of the bottom of a rectangular park. ...
- algebra - A scale model of a park has an area of 192 cm2. The actual park has an...
- Math - a simple Model (model 1)of distance,d meters,fallen in time t seconds by ...
- algebra - A scale model of the new dog park has an area of 128 cm2. The actual ...
- trigonometry - A surveyor wishes to calculate the distance between the two trees...
- math - Sharon made a scale drawing of a triangular park. The coordinates for the...