Posted by Sara! on Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 4:41pm.
are theses ALL complex sentences?
1.i will help you with your homework after you watch the baby.
2. jake stared at me as if he had seen a ghost.
3.you can order whatever you want from the menu.
4.we will be on time unless there is a traffic jam
5.if our teams wins, everyone will celebrate.
6.the police did not arrive until the thieves had left.
7.jill had her petition filled out so that she could run for office.
8.sandy cried because her dog ran away.
9.the rain ceased, and the stuff air cleared.
10.since i first saw you, i have wondered if we ever met before.
THANK YU PLEASE DONT GIVE ME WRONG ANSWERS
- LAL - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 4:47pm
All are complex sentences except for #9. It's a compound sentence.
- LAL - Sara!, Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 4:53pm
IS NUMBER 9 A MAIN CLAUSE
- LAL - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 4:58pm
No, it's a compound sentence -- which means there are two main clauses there.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - 1. You have to feed the baby with water sometimes. 2. You have to feed...
- English Hamlet - Horatio was asked to speak to the ghost because: a. He was not ...
- English - As to my previous post, I thought I could use the infinitive with to ...
- LAL! - are these complex sentence. if it is complex, and are the subordinate ...
- English - Could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) "It's a pity you...
- English - 1. After feeding the baby with milk, you should put the milk bottle ...
- english - Write whether a sentence is simple, compound, complex, or compound-...
- English - Do not watch volence TV programs. It is not good for the baby. If the ...
- English - Can someone check these sentences, please? Thank you very much. 1) The...
- LAL - ARE SOME PREPOSITIONS COMPLEX LIKE USED IN A COMPLEX SENTENCE