Posted by Math (URGENT) on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 5:21pm.
Write the following with rational, positive exponents.
a. sqrt of 8 = 8^1/2
b. seventh root of 5^2 = 5^2/7
c. sqrt sqrt 6 = ???
d. fourth root of sqrt of 5^3 = ???
Can someone please check my work and help with "c and d"? Thanks.
Math (URGENT) - Cody, Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 5:42pm
c. sqrt sqrt 6 = 6^1/4
d. fourth root of sqrt of 5^3 = (5^3)^1/8
Are these correct?
Note: for "d" do I just leave it like that or can I further simplify?
Cody - MathMate, Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 5:44pm
a. and b. are correct
Recall that the (a^b)^c=a^(b*c)
using again (a^b)^c=a^(b*c)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - SIMPLIFY: ROOT 0F 7 * ROOT OF 14 SIMPLIFY: ROOT OF 1/5 EVALUATE, IF ...
- math calculus please help! - l = lim as x approaches 0 of x/(the square root of...
- Math(Roots) - sqrt(24) *I don't really get this stuff.Can somebody please help ...
- algebra - simplify: square root of 5 + square root of 20 - square root of 27 + ...
- math - determine the area of triangle abc when side ab= square root of x, side ...
- Math Help please!! - Could someone show me how to solve these problems step by ...
- Math - How do you find a square root of a number that's not a perfect square? I'...
- algebra 2 - Not sure if either one of these answer are correct to simplify the ...
- Inequality - When I solve the inquality 2x^2 - 6 < 0, I get x < + or - ...
- math,algebra,help - Directions are simplify by combining like terms. x radiacal ...