Posted by Justine on Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 10:00pm.
Can you please see if you got the same answer as I did? Thank you.
3/x + 2/x-4
subtract 3x from both sides you get -12=-1x divide by -1 final answer is 12.
- Math Check - Reiny, Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 10:06pm
yes, the solution to 3x-12=2x
is x = 12
how did 3/x + 2/x-4
magically turn into the equation
- Math Check - Justine, Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 10:11pm
I multiplied each fraction by (x)(x-4)
- Math Check - Reiny, Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 10:39pm
you must have had
3/x = 2(x-4)
cross-multiplying would have given you
3x - 12 = 2x
ok, looks like a simple typo.
- Math Check - j, Monday, May 3, 2010 at 8:46pm
3/x+ 2/x-4 = 3(x-4)+ 2(x)=0
or only if you cross multiply the 3*x-4 which is 3x-12 and put it equal to 2*x which is 2x that could work.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 24= -2(b-3)+8 I suppose you want to solve 24= -2(b-3)+8 for b, am I right...
- math - can anyone help me with these 3 problems I am trying to check my ...
- math - how do you solve 9x=6 9x=6 Divide both side by 9. (Remember you can add, ...
- math - When you are solving inequalities, when does the sign change and when ...
- Maths ..Equations - Hi I have to rearrnge the following to make y the subject.. ...
- Algebra - Could someone check this equation for me please.I have added the steps...
- Math - Please Check My Answers - Please help me by checking the following ...
- Pre Cal - 6-x=2x+9 If you are to solve the equation for x, first try to get the ...
- math,correction - can someone correct these for me i'll appreciate it thank. ...
- Algebra - 2(0.5-3y) + y > (4y-0.2)8 I understand how to solve the problem, ...