Posted by Tony to PsyDAG on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 11:07pm.
can you walk me through these
4+x/5 < 8
x-2/3> 2x + 11
Subtract 4 from both sides.
x/5 < 4
Multiply both sides by 5.
x < 20
Now you try the second inequality.
I tried the second one and did not get
-7 which is the answer in the book
and 36 is the answer to the first one. Am I missing some steps. Help
- Algebra - Reiny, Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 11:37pm
Not sure if PsyDAG is still on here, but I can see your problem
You meant to type
(4+x)/5 < 8 to get the answer in your book
4+x < 40 after multiplying by 5
x < 40-4
x < 36
for the second you meant to type
(x-2)/3 > 2x + 11
x-2 > 6x + 33 after multiplying by 3
x - 6x > 35
-5x > 35
now divide by -5, which results in the switch of inequality
x < -7
Answer this Question
- math - can anyone help me with these 3 problems I am trying to check my ...
- Algebra - Solve S=a/(1-r) for r S = a/(1-r) Multiply both sides by 1-r S*(1-r...
- algebra - I need a step by step explanation on how to add these two equations 2x...
- help please - What is the first step in solving the problem, 3x-8/12=9? A) Add 8...
- PLEASE HELP ME!!! - What is the first step in solving the problem, 3x-8/12=9? A...
- HELP!!!!! - What is the first step in solving the problem, 3x-8/12=9? A) Add 8 ...
- algebra - 8-(3/8)k=-4 Now try to learn the basic steps of algebra. Subtract 8 ...
- Math - Emmy is 12. She writes an equation to find her mother's age, m. m - 12 + ...
- Algebra - Solve Q= (N-S)/ N for N So when I multiply both sides by N I get Q(N...
- ALGEBRA - Select all the statements that can be used as steps to solve the ...