Posted by Bart on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 10:15pm.
How many ways can three cars be parked in a row of four parking spaces?
I have no idea how to do this?
- Math probability - drwls, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 10:28pm
Can they be facing in or out? Or do they have to drive head in?
Let's assume the latter.
The first car has four spaces to choose from. That leaves the second car with three choices and the third with two. Take the product:
4 x 3 x 2 = ?
- Math probability - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 10:29pm
Well, you are actually parking three cars and an empty space.
What is 4!
Let cars be aBC and E is the empty space
then you can move the E to the other three positions, you will get six in each, or 24 total, or 4!
- Math probability - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 10:31pm
and, I forgot the headin/headout that DrWLS mentioned.
That makes the 4! now 4!*2*2*2
- Math probability - jen, Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 12:13am
4 x 3 x 2 = 24
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I need help step by step on how to figure how many ways can three cars be...
- math - how many ways can 9 cars be parked in a row of 9 parking spaces?
- Math - How many ways can 9 cars be parked in a row of 9 parking spaces? Answer: ...
- probability - PROBLEM 4: PARKING LOT PROBLEM (3 points possible) Mary and Tom ...
- probabilitie - Mary and Tom park their cars in an empty parking lot with n>=2...
- science - Mary and Tom park their cars in an empty parking lot with n >_ 2 ...
- Math - Yesterday, a parking lot had 60 cars parked in it. Of the cars parked in ...
- geometry - A parking lot has seventy-three parking spaces numbered from 1 to 73...
- math - in the parking lot of floras apartment complexthere are 8 rows of parking...
- algebra - a new parking lothas spaces for 450 cars. the ratio of spaces for ...