Posted by christopher on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:39pm.
6.What's the next step to choosing a topic once you've identified a general subject?
narrowing the topic
formulating a thesis
thinking about the nature of writing
finding a general topic
Question 7 What question should you consider when narrowing the topic?
Where is my syllabus?
How much time do I have to do my research?
Why do I need to do this?
Should I use MLA format?
What else should you consider when narrowing the topic?
Is procrastinating a bad idea?
Where are the computer labs?
How long should the paper be?
How many quotes should be on each page?
What should you do once you have narrowed your topic?
narrow your topic
formulate a thesis
formulate a research question
find a topic
6.narrowing the topic
7.Why do I need to do this?
8.How long should the paper be?
9.formulate a research question
- research writing as a process - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:43pm
However, formulate a thesis could also be an answer to number 9.
- research writing as a process - Christopher, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 1:38pm
Question 10 What should you do once you have formulated a research question?
A.determine your definitive stance on the issue
B.take a nap; this is the easy part
c.study APA format
D. collect information about the topic
What questions should you ask yourself as you formulate a research question?
A.who, what, huh?
B.who, what, whatever?
C.who, what, wherefore?
D.who, what, when, where, why and how?
Question 12 After completing your research and reviewing your information, you must do what?
A.narrow the topic
B.find a topic
C.formulate a tentative thesis
D.formulate a research question
What is important to note about formulating a tentative thesis?
A.you should choose a definitive stance
B.you should be sure to attack the feeble-minded people whose views oppose your own
C.your thesis may need to be revised as you gather more evidence
D.you shouldn't choose a position at all, as you are not an expert on the issues
- research writing as a process - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 1:45pm
I agree with your answers. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English II B - A student has completed a freewriting exercise. The result is a ...
- Grammar and Composition - Desert Island Essay Pre-writing Sheet: Step 1: ...
- Writing - HI, I AM WRITING A RESEARCH PAPER ABOUT SOMETHING IN WASHINGTON DC. ...
- english! - Make sure you understand the topic(s) is a step in the research ...
- research writing as a process - Question 1 What is one of the first steps in a ...
- Com/155 - This week, you were asked to review the Topic Sentence section in the ...
- Business Communications - When you are writing subject lines for negative ...
- English writing - I am writing an essay on the topic Discuss some practical ...
- Research Report - I'm doing a research report about the Stonehenge. My thesis is...
- Grammar and Composition - the draft sheet is organized in a confusing way, here'...