Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 10:23pm.
*simplify by combining like terms, if possible. then, remove the GCF and factor fully.
...i'm not sure what to do after that, could you help and show the steps please
math - Ana, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 11:11pm
3x^2-21x+36 GCF: 3, so divide the whole thing by 3.
(What two #s add up to -7 and multiplied equal 12? 3 and 4)
[x^2-4x] - [3x+12]
x(x-4) - 3(x-4)
x-4= 4 x-3= 3 Answer X=3 and 4
math - Reiny, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 11:17pm
I thought it said, factor fully.
3x^2 - 21x + 36 , which is correct
= 3(x^2 - 7x + 12)
nothing was said about "solving" the equation, since there was no equation.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - I am trying to factor the expression -8y^2+28y-60 but can't get an ...
- Math - Simplify I came up with 5.5 (15x^5-21x^4+21x^2)/(3x^2 ) not sure if I did...
- algebra - factor the following equation: 6x^2 - 21x - 9 i've tried to factor it ...
- inequality expresion - The cost of a long distant telephone call is $0.36 for ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Am I going in the right track? 8x -1/x + 5x - 3/2x = 16x^...
- Algerbra - how do you solve 7(3x+4)=8(2x+5)+13 expand the parenthesis...I will ...
- algerbra - 7(3x+4)=8(2x+5)+13 how would I start a equation like this would it be...
- math - Can someone show me the steps necessary to simplify the expression by ...
- Pre Cal - find the domains of the following functions: a) f(x)=x^20 b) g(x)=1/(x...
- Algebra - Is this right? 7(3x-2)=70 21x-14=70; 21x-14+14=70+14; 21x=84; x=4