Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 10:23pm.
*simplify by combining like terms, if possible. then, remove the GCF and factor fully.
...i'm not sure what to do after that, could you help and show the steps please
- math - Ana, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 11:11pm
3x^2-21x+36 GCF: 3, so divide the whole thing by 3.
(What two #s add up to -7 and multiplied equal 12? 3 and 4)
[x^2-4x] - [3x+12]
x(x-4) - 3(x-4)
x-4= 4 x-3= 3 Answer X=3 and 4
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 11:17pm
I thought it said, factor fully.
3x^2 - 21x + 36 , which is correct
= 3(x^2 - 7x + 12)
nothing was said about "solving" the equation, since there was no equation.
Answer this Question
- algebra 2 - I am trying to factor the expression -8y^2+28y-60 but can't get an ...
- Math - Simplify I came up with 5.5 (15x^5-21x^4+21x^2)/(3x^2 ) not sure if I did...
- algebra - factor the following equation: 6x^2 - 21x - 9 i've tried to factor it ...
- inequality expresion - The cost of a long distant telephone call is $0.36 for ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Am I going in the right track? 8x -1/x + 5x - 3/2x = 16x^...
- Algerbra - how do you solve 7(3x+4)=8(2x+5)+13 expand the parenthesis...I will ...
- math - Can someone show me the steps necessary to simplify the expression by ...
- algerbra - 7(3x+4)=8(2x+5)+13 how would I start a equation like this would it be...
- Pre Cal - find the domains of the following functions: a) f(x)=x^20 b) g(x)=1/(x...
- Algebra - Is this right? 7(3x-2)=70 21x-14=70; 21x-14+14=70+14; 21x=84; x=4