Posted by Franco on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 9:23am.
Can you please check if these sentences on clothes' description are possible? Thank you very much in advance.
1)He is wearing a pair of straight-leg beige corduroy trousers with pockets on both sides.
2) He is wearing a long-sleeved cotton polo sweatshirt (or T-shirt?) with a slogan in the front and one in the back.
3) How do you call a T-shirt with a collar that is half button-up? A polo T-shirt?
4)Does "boot-cut" mean the same as "flared"?
5)She's got a pony tail and a patterned hair-band over her head. She is also wearing two necklaces and different bracelets on her wrists.
6) She is also wearing (can you tell me a synonym?) a zip-up leather jacket over a red hooded mesh(or fishnet sweatshirt?).
7) She is wearing make-up on her eyes (her eyes are made-up??? is it possible?)
8)She has her hair tied back with a hair clip (or barrette?. She is typing data into her computer.She is wearing red nailvarnish on her nails.
9)She wears her dyed red hair tied back in (?) a pony tail.She is pointing at a Ferris wheel.
10)She always wears a white sleeveless T-shirt (or a vest?) over a black T-shirt and tracksuit bottoms (?) underneath.
11) He is carrying a backback on (?) his back.
12) They are practising ballet dancing.
They are wearing a black body and (or over?) a pair of sheer tights.
13) How do you call a sweatsuit/tracksuit consisting of a vest and a pair of short you use for jogging, running or cycling?
- English - Anna, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 10:17am
You don't have to be really specific on evry number You could just say he's wearing....(Number one looks good)
For number 2 you say that he is wearing a "long sleeved cotton polo" You cold just say he is wearing a long sleeved cotton polo shirt. Don't include the T.
What do you call a T-shirt that has a collar which is half buttoned up?
For #7 just stick with your normal sentence.
I made a few corrections. I'll come back this later.
- English - Anna, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 10:19am
Sorry for #7 it is good to be specific, so you should say what she's actually wearing on her eyes. Like mascara, eyeshadow.
You could just say she has some eye makeup on.
- fish - gage, Monday, May 24, 2010 at 2:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences, please. 1.The second boy...
- English - Thank you very much for your last corrections. Here are some sentences...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Can you please have a look at them...
- English - Can you check the adjectives in the following sentences, please? I ...
- English - GuruBlue, thank you very much for telling me about popular clothes in ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences I'm doubtful about? Thank you ...
- English - I wrote 5 sentences for you to check. Thank you. 1) In their ...
- English - I'm posting you five sentences but I really don't know if all the ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Please, could you check them too? ...
- English - I left out two sentences. In my next post I will include some of the ...