Posted by Jess on Monday, April 26, 2010 at 12:04pm.
what must be added to 8/3 to make 2 5/6
Math - Jess, Monday, April 26, 2010 at 12:05pm
I am rubbish at maths!!!!! any suggestions to help myself get better?
Math - Alivia, Monday, April 26, 2010 at 12:32pm
Convert 8/3 to a mixed fraction. 3 goes into 8 two times and then 2 is left over. 8/3 now is 2 2/3. Now to figure out how much more you need, convert 2/3 to a fraction with 6 in the denominator. multiply the bottom by two to get six, and then multiply the top by two to get four. Now 2 2/3 is 2 4/6. Now subtract the fractions. Your answer is 1/6
Math - Matt, Monday, April 26, 2010 at 12:34pm
Find the common denominator:
2 5/6 = [(2*6)+5]/6 = 17/6
8/3 = 16/6
17/6 - 16/6 = 1/6
Therefore, 1/6 must be added to 8/3 to make 2 5/6.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- What must be added maths need help - What must be added to x/y to make it y/x??
- Math - What must be added to 40 to make 10 by powers of 2 ?
- math - what must b added to 183÷11 to make it a integer?
- Math - What must be added to x^2 + 10x +23 to make it a perfect square?
- math - What number must be added to make a perfect square trinomial x^2+(8/5)x
- math - what must be added to each of the following expressions to make it a ...
- English - The following are what you should not do for safety reasons. 1. You ...
- Chemistry - In each of the following, determine how much solute (in g or mL) ...
- Math - How much pure antifreeze must be added to 18 liters of a 20% solution to ...
- Math - Alg - How much water must be added to an 80% acid solution to make a ...