Posted by Help1001 on Friday, April 23, 2010 at 5:59pm.
Am I right?
Classify the following properties of sodium metal as physical or chemical:
•Silver metallic color—physical property
•Turns gray in air—physical property
•Melts at 98º C-melting point is physical property
•Reacts explosively with chlorine gas—chemical property
Classify the following changes as physical or chemical:
•Water freezes at 0º C –physical change
•Baking soda when combined with vinegar produces bubbles—chemical change
•Mothballs gradually disappear at room temperature—physical change
•Ice cubes in a freezer get smaller with time—physical change
•Baking soda loses mass as it is heated-physical change
•Tarnishing of silver—chemical change
- Chem Lab - DrBob222, Friday, April 23, 2010 at 7:39pm
Na turns gray in air. The gray color is physical, the reaction of Na to the oxide is chemical.
Baking soda loses weight on heating due to NaHCO3 ==> Na2CO3 + H2O which is a chemical change.
- Chem Lab - Renee, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 5:39pm
sodium metal is insoluble in ether.
sodium metal dissovles in water to produce a gas.
Oil dissolves in gasoline and gives a homogeneous solution.
a drop of silver nitrate solution in a newborn's eye destroys the bacteria that can cause blindness.
- Chem Lab 103 - Deby, Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 2:37am
How would you show that dissolving table salt is a physical change?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Will you please check? Physical or chemical properties 1. bitter taste...
- science - Please check these! Physical or Chemical properties? 1. solubility = ...
- Science - Water and gasoline are both clear liquids at room temperature. ...
- Chemistry - Iron is malleable (able to be hammered into sheets). Is this an ...
- science - 1. The ability of an apple to change color when exposed to air is a ...
- Chemistry - is 2 physical? what's 3? I didn't quite get that right. It should be...
- Chem - State one physical property and one chemical property of oxygen. Physical...
- Chemistry - I need help classifying these as physical and chemical properties! 1...
- Science - What is a Chemical property? What is a Physical property? -thanks ...
- biology - the unique properties of water make life possible on earth, select ...