Posted by Sara on Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 7:59pm.
Can you please explain thoroughly to me about all this.
Why do we criss cross the formulas of compounds?
How do we find out which combining capacity to use if there are more than one? Is there a special formula we use to find out or something? I really do not understand.
After explaining all that, can you please check to see if I've done these questions correctly. Thank you very much in return.
Criss cross to write the formulas of the following compounds. Here are some example below which have totally made me lose my head.
Calcium Chloride = CaCl2
Why can't we write the one in, by Calcium?
In this example they do:
Magnesium Hydroxide = Mg1OH2
Why do they put the one in this example, and not the first one? That just totally confuses me.
Anyways, here are the questions:
1. Potassium Selenide = K2Se
2. Magnesium Nitrate = Mg(No3)2
3. Lithium Flouride = LiF1
4. Sodium Oxide = Na2O
5. Iron III Bromide = FeBr3
6. Potassium Hydroxide = Ki(OH)2
7. Beryllium Phosphide = Be3P2
8. Lithium Sulphide = Li2S
9. Calcium Oxide = Ca(Co)
10. Cobalt II Nitride = Co3N2
11. Ammonium Chloride = (NH4)Cl
12. Beryllium Sulphate = Be(SO4)
Please correct any of my mistakes. I'll appreciate all the help you could give me:-)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- To DrBob222 - Can you please explain thoroughly to me about all this. Why do we ...
- chemistry - In which of the following pairs of compounds are both members of the...
- chemistry cp - The term formula mass is a general term that can be applied to ...
- Chemistry - Samples of three different compounds were analyzed and the masses of...
- Ion charge & formulas of ionic compunds-DrBob222 - These are the other questions...
- Chem---DrBob222 - -----Chromatograph----- Carrying out TLC on colorless ...
- Algebra please help! - I'm very confused with what I'm learning about right now...
- Science - What are the formulas for lithium bromide? http://www.webelements.com/...
- plz help now, chemistry - How do you write chemical formulas? For example how so...
- AP Chemistry - The formulas for ethanol and ammonium nitrate are C2H5OH and ...