Posted by guest on Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 5:44pm.
How much water at 25 degrees celsius is needed to dissolve 10 grams of baruim phosphate?
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 5:59pm
Ba3(PO4)2 ==> 3Ba^+2 + 2PO4^-3
Set up Ksp chart, find solubility from Ksp which will be in moles/L. Convert that to grams to give you g/L, then determine the amount of water necessaary to dissolve 10 g.
chemistry - guest, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 6:07pm
the Ksp of barium phosphate is 1.3996*10^-8 how much water would you need to to dissolve this amount of baruim phospahte?
chemistry - guest, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 6:09pm
the molar solubilty of baruim phosphate is 8.42335*10^-6 g/L
chemistry - guest, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 6:10pm
what formula would i use to figure out the water?
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 6:25pm
Don't you know how to calculate the solubility of Ba3(PO4)2?
Ba3(PO4)2 ==> 3Ba^+3 + 2PO4^-3
Ksp = (Ba^+2)^3(PO4^-3)^2
If you let S = solubility of Ba3(PO4)2, then (Ba^+2) = 3S and (PO4^-3) = 2S.
Substitute 3S and 2S in the Ksp expression to obtain
(3S)^3(2S)^2 = Ksp.
Solve for S which tells you the solubility of the compound in moles/L.
Convert that to grams/L THEN you can work on how much water would be necessary to dissolve 10 g. I didn't work it out but I expect a bunch. By the way, post your work if you get stuck. This much is a freebie for you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics 20 - 1. How much heat energy is required to change 500 grams of water at...
- Physics - Please Help! I am having difficulties grasping these concepts. Explain...
- Science(chemistry) - how much energy is needed to change 53 grams of water from...
- Chemistry - If 30 grams of KCl is dissolved in 100 grams of water at 40 degrees ...
- Physics - Thank you for any help and assistance. Here is the question/problem: ...
- Physics 110 - How much energy is needed to raise 500 grams of water from 10 ...
- Chemistry - Calculate the joules of energy involved when 11 grams of water at 10...
- chemistry - How many grams of ammonia can dissolve in 100g of water at 22 ...
- Chemistry - How much heat is needed to increase the temperature of 100.00g of ...
- Chemistry - Approximately how many grams of NaNo3 will dissolve in 100g of water...