Posted by B.B. on Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 7:05am.
Did I do this problem right?
Here is how I solved this problem:
Is this correct?
- Math - Reiny, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 8:24am
Sorry to say this, but looking at that "solution" made me shudder.
the correct way ... assuming you meant:
Using long algebraic division, one gets
x - 4 with a remainder of -16
or you can use synthetic division to arrive at the same answer.
(x^2+4x-48)/(x+8) = (x-4) - 16/(x+8)
study this example
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math, algebra - Problem: A formula for a football player's rushing average r ...
- English - 1. I stayed there for two weeks. 2. I stayed there two weeks. Are both...
- MATH - Reiny, the problem with the answer x>-2, why divide by 1? Is it ...
- Math - Are you trying to solve for x, n or p? solve for n Show me how to work ...
- math - how do I solve this problem 2x/2=(6-3y)/2? 2x/2=(6-3y)/2? I solved it for...
- Algenra - How do I work this problem, it is not a homework problem but a problem...
- Algebra - How do I work this problem, it is not a homework problem but a problem...
- math - kelly solved the following problem on her recent math test 121/11+4*8=120...
- Math - I cannot remember how to find the slope of a line when you are given two ...
- Math - Did I do this problem right? Add. (x^9-2)+(x^9+2). Here is what I did: (x...