Posted by Thara! on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 10:13pm.
Calculate teh future value of quarterly payments of $1200 for 5 years, if the rate of interest was 10% compounded quarterly for the first 2 years and will be 9% compounded quarterly for the last 3 years.
- math help plz! - Thara!, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 10:16pm
I solved for both which i got
to get this answer i used this formula: FV=PMT((1+i)^n))-1/i
i just dont know what do i do now?
- Compound interest - MathMate, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 11:23pm
See answer to repost:
- math help plz! - Reiny, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 11:34pm
At the end of the first 2 years, the value of the payments up to that point will be
1200 ( 1.025^8 - 1)/.025 = 10483.339 (you had that)
let's "move" that up to the end of 5 years at the new rate
value = 10483.339(1.0225^12) = 13691.765
Amount of the last 3 years' payments at year 5
= 1200( 1.0225^12 - 1)/.0225 = 16322.666
so total amount = 16322.666 + 13691.765 = $30 014.43
- math help plz! - Reiny, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 11:36pm
Damon, didn't see that you already did this question.
Well, at least we agree down to the last penny, lol
- math help plz! - Thara!, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 12:37am
Thank u soo much...u both really helped me at the right time...i have final exam tomorrow...and i am now prepared..thanks again!!!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math! plz help! - Calculate teh future value of quarterly payments of $1200 for ...
- Math - Serena wants to borrow $15 000 and pay it back in 10 years. Interest ...
- compounded interest - calculate the future value of an investment of $8,500 if ...
- finite math - Find the present value of an ordinary annuity of $600 payments ...
- Mathematics and investment - 1. Angelo wants to renovate his house in 3 years. ...
- finite math - Find the amount of an ordinary annuity for 5 years of quarterly ...
- algebra - Find the accumulated value of an investment of $10,000 for 3 years at ...
- algebra - Find the future value of an ordinary annuity. Payments are made and ...
- Accounting - How do I calculate the future value of the following? $5,000 ...
- math,correction - can someone correct these for me thanks.. Problem #4 Find the ...