Posted by anonymous on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 5:26pm.
Can Anyone Help Me With This Solubility Problem?
An aqueous solution of 1.90 M AgNO3 is slowly added from a buret to an aqueous solution of 0.0100 M Cl- and 0.250 M I-.
b) When the second ion begins to precipitate, what is the remaining concentration of the first ion?
Reposting this because i already know how to do the other ones. for part B, what is the setup i use to solve this? thx
chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 6:05pm
Bob Pursley gave you a hint this morning. Here is another one.
Divide Ksp AgCl/Ksp AgI =
(Ag^+)(Cl^-)/(Ag^+)(I^&-) = (KspAgCl)/(Ksp AgI).
(Ag^+) cancels so you can get a ratio of
(Cl^-)/(I^-) = ??
Substitute numbers and solve for (Cl^-)
chemistry - anonymous, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 6:21pm
the ksp for AGCL is 1.8*10^-11, and the ksp for AGI came out to 8.5*10^-11. when i divided the numbers and set them equal to CL/0.250, the number came out really large? is that right?
chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 7:18pm
Yes, the number is a large one. A couple of words of caution.
1. AGCL and AgCl are two different things. The same goes for AGI versus AgI. You need to use more caps to begin a sentence and fewer caps for symbols.
2. I don't believe either of your values for Ksp and that will affect the ratio you calculated (although, I agree it is a large number).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Can Anyone Help Me With This Solubility Problem? An aqueous solution...
- Chemistry - An aqueous solution that 2.10 M in AgNO3 is slowly added from a ...
- Chemistry - An aqueous solution that 2.00 M in AgNO3 is slowly added from a ...
- chem101 - If a solution contains 0.0100 mole of HCl in 10.0 mL aqueous solution...
- Chemistry - Silver chloride has Ksp=1.6x10^-10 and silver cheomate has Ksp=9....
- chemistry - Ammonia acts as a base in aqueous solution; Kb is equal to 1.8 x 10-...
- Chemistry - A 100.0mL solution containing aqueous HCl and HBr was titrated with ...
- Chemistry - Predict the color change when an aqueous solution containing Ag+ ion...
- Chemistry - Write the balanced chemical equation for each of these reactions. ...
- General Chemistry - 1,When aqueous sodium hydroxide is added to a solution ...