Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 12:54am.
1. Which one of the following factors is one of the principles of
A. Form C. Pattern
B. Color D. Balance
2. Of the following expressions, which best describes the
concept of harmony in a room’s decor?
A. A consistency of mood
B. Strongly contrasting color values
C. A mix of assorted furniture styles
D. An assortment of items in various sizes
3. Normally, a prime consideration in designing a child’s
bedroom would be to ensure that the
A. mood is conversational.
B. furnishings are sturdy.
C. colors provide contrast.
D. room has a secondary focal point.
4. Which one of these statements is correct regarding how pattern is used in design?
A. Only the largest, most dominant pattern affects the overall appearance of the
B. A large pattern appears most dramatic when used in a large room or on an
C. The secondary print used in a room’s decor should be as strong as the primary
D. Decorative patterns should be selected to harmonize with structural patterns.
5. Which one of these statements best describes the concept of line as it’s used in
A. A line is a straight shape that’s much narrower than it is long.
B. The use of lines in a design always creates a sense of restfulness and stability.
C. A line leads the eye, conveying a sense of motion.
D. The use of lines in a design will always create a sense of strength and dignity.
6. Which one of these statements is correct regarding the design concepts of proportion
A. The terms proportion and scale are interchangeable terms.
B. Proportion has to do with the sizes of the parts of an object; scale refers to the size
of an object in relation to the size of other objects.
C. An object’s proportions refer to its size in relation to the size of other objects; scale
refers to the object’s measured dimensions.
D. Proportion refers to the dimensions of objects that are parts of a single group;
scale refers to the dimensions of furniture groups that are parts of a single room.
7. Which one of the following expresses a color value?
A. True green C. Blue-green
B. Dark green D. Forest green
8. The bodies of the lamps shown
in Examination Figure 1 have
EXAMINATION FIGURE 1
Which one of the rectangles shown here has the golden mean proportions?
10. The basic shape of the lamp shade in
Examination Figure 2 is a
11. Which one of the following statements is correct regarding the design concept of scale?
A. The scale of the objects in a room can be varied for a special effect.
B. A room can’t have unity unless the scale of all objects in the room is the same.
C. When objects are arranged on each side of a centerline for formal balance, good
scale will result.
D. If an object possesses good proportions, good scale in the arrangement is
12. The room in Examination Figure 3 has two focal points. One is at the fireplace wall,
and the other is in the dining area. As a decorator, you decide to use paint to unite
these two focal points. How would you paint the walls in the dining area?
A. In a lighter value than that in the living area
B. In a different color than that in the living area
C. In white to reflect the living area
D. In a similar color to reduce contrasts
13. Which one of the following shows a good example of rhythm used in a room’s decor?
A. An arched line at the tops of dining room chairs repeated in a sofa back, a mirror
top, and a window’s drapery line
B. A rectangular red area rug, oval-backed dining chairs, and a blue dining table
C. A dark-blue print pillow on a white sofa and a light-green, solid-colored pillow on a
D. An oval coffee table in front of an L-shaped sofa
14. Which one of these statements best describes the concept of form as it’s used in
A. A form is a series of lines enclosing a space.
B. A form is any series of three-dimensional shapes arranged in a group.
C. The concept of form refers to art objects, while shape refers to furniture.
D. An object’s form is either inherent or derived.
15. Generally, the most effective way to use texture when decorating a room is by
A. selecting one texture only for use throughout the room.
B. combining only similar textures throughout the room.
C. using only smooth textures.
D. combining different textures in ways that provide contrast and balance.
16. Which one of the following is an element of design?
A. Form C. Scale
B. Unity D. Proportion
17. Which of the following statements is correct regarding the design concept of emphasis?
A. A room should not have more than one focal point.
B. Focal points in a room’s architecture must be emphasized with contrasting colors.
C. A focal point can’t be established in a setting where formal balance is used.
D. Generally, a focal point should be visible from the entrance to a room.
18. Which one of the following should be your primary concern when creating an
arrangement with informal balance?
A. Arrange furniture and other objects so that you have no centerline.
B. Place those items with the greatest visual weight nearest the centerline.
C. Balance all the items around a central pivot point.
D. Make certain that no two identical objects are placed on opposite sides
of the centerline.
19. The basic shape of the body of the lamp in
Examination Figure 4 is a
20. Which type of balance is represented in the
overhead view of a table and chairs
in Examination Figure 5?
EXAMINATION FIGURE 4
EXAMINATION FIGURE 5
- the elements and principles of design - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 6:41am
Why are you asking here? Surely you do not want someone to do your exam for you.
- the elements and principles of design - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 9:35am
i need help
- the elements and principles of design - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 2:11pm
I Just completed that exam, if this is the career you tend to pursue! I assure you, you will fail if you can't even take a exam! Let me rephrase that, A high school elective exam.. Imagine what college will be like, esp if you depend on other peoples answer to do your work for you.
- the elements and principles of design - Kasey, Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 12:50am
i'm pretty sure that if the person who asked this question knew they were gonna catch hell for asking someone to help they wouldn't have all they needed was some f**king help okay? God! so hard to help out people these days.. i fail the test so don't worry having the same problem lol don't feel down about yourself i got a %45 and am trying to fix my answers lol there is no reason for people to down others just because they are asking for a little help..
- the elements and principles of design - Anonymous, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 12:28am
but she didn't just ask for a little help she wanted all the answers, it would have been different if she already had her own answers and ask some one to just check them and maybe let her know which ones are wrong so that she could look them back over
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Sample of the Principles of Design - The priciples of design are the laws of ...
- Art - 1. Which of the following design principles is evident on this dish? A. ...
- principles of design - i don't get the principles of design. what are pattern, ...
- The elements and Principles of Design - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS. (MY...
- elements n principles of design - what is the design concept of emphasis
- Art - Through the artist's use of cool colors, which of the following principles...
- 11th grade visual art - first of all this is my first time so i don't know if i ...
- art - I need serious help! does anyone know a really helpful website tofind otu ...
- design - In an effort to promote a better understanding of what design is and ...
- Art Appreciation - How you feel the form of the sculptures expresses the content...