Posted by RJ on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 10:53pm.
A plastic block has sides that measure 4 centimeters, 2 centimeters, and 3 centimeters. Its mass is 19.2 grams. Predict whether the block will float in water. Will it float in olive oil?
Science - DrBob222, Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 11:11pm
Is this supposed to be a regular box (straight sides, no triangular etc).
Volume = 4 cm x 2 cm x 3 cm = 24 cc.
density = mass/volume = 19.2/24 = ?? If the density is less than that of water, it will float. Same in olive oil. You must look up the densities of water and olive oil.
Science - Zack, Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 5:15pm
Science - marissa, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 7:54pm
4cm times 2cm times 3cm=24cc density = mass/ volume = 19.2 divied by 24 is 0.8 or .8
math - Jaidyn, Friday, December 6, 2013 at 1:10am
4 times 2 times 3 equals 24. 5 divided by 110 = 20 I just took of the zero and did 5 till I got to 11 which is 2 and then I added the 0 back
Science - Lilly, Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 8:39pm
Info: 4 cm = 1 side, 3 cm = 1 side, 2 cm = 1 side, mass = 19.2 grams. As long as you know how to convert mass to density, the density of water, and the density of olive oil, this would have been a lot easier, but the densities of water and olive oil seen't listed. Density = Mass divided by volume. Error. Volume not listed. Loading... Length x Width x Height... Calculating... Volume = 24. Density = Mass divided by Volume... Calculating... Density = 00.8 Loading water Density... Water density = 0 g Loading Olive Oil Density... Olive Oil Density = 800 - 920... Answer = Yes in Water, Yes in Olive Oil.
Science - Im really smart, Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 6:26pm
Dont listen to my name.
Science - unknow, Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 8:51am
even my name
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Will a plastic block that has sides that measure 9 cm and its mass is ...
- geometery - bases are isosceles triangles with parallel sides that measure 15 ...
- science - How can you predict if a block of plastic will float in water? I know ...
- geometry - The density of a block of wood is 0.78 grams per cubic centimeters. ...
- chemistry - Can somone please explain how to do this problem: How many cubic ...
- find the height - A paper cone cup beside a water cooler has a diameter of 6 ...
- pueblo - In ƒ¢ABC, if the lengths of sides a and c are 8 centimeters and 16 ...
- chemistry - How many cubic centimeters of olive oil have the same mass as 1.30 L...
- Science - Calculate:what is the density of a metal block that has a mass of 750 ...
- geometry - Parallelogram has sides with lengths of 10 centimeters and 20 ...