Posted by Tiffany on Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:45pm.
Identify each intensifier and the word it modifies.
1. I am somewhat unclear about the details. SOMEWHAT AND UNLCEAR
2. Jorge's score on that test was nearly perfect. NEARLY AND PERFECT
3. Although I was quite nervous, I apeared calm and collected. QUITE AND NERVOUS
4. The dinner was really delicious.REALLY AND DELICIOUS
5. Chico almost always comes to school with Mr. Fernandez. ALMOST AND ALWAYS
6. Mrs. Phillips is a very dedicated teacher. VERY AND DEDICATED
7. That serving is just enough for me. JUST AND ENOUGH
8. Grandma was rather annoyed with Jason. RATHER AND ANNOYED
9. This crossword puzzle seems too easy. TOO AND EASY
10. These flowers are so beautiful. SO AND BEAUTIFUL
11. Anita is an extremely sound sleeper. EXTREMEMLY AND SOUND
12. Both my parents have to work quite late tonight so I ahve to watch Tommy.
Grammar - Tiffany, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:50pm
12. QUITE AND LATE
13. This model airplane takes too much time to put together. TOO AND MUCH
14. I am so proud of you. SO AND PROUD
15. Those watches are practically indestructible. PRACTICALLY AND INDESTRUCTIBLE
16 These direction are very confusing. VERY AND CONFUSING
17. I think this sweatshirt is too large so I would like to exchange it. TOO AND LARGE
18. My mom is rather tense about her speech, though she has practiced it several times. RATHER AND TENSE
19. Can you hear me over such loud noise. SUCH AND LOUD
20. Andy grew nearly four inches over the summer. NEARLY AND FOUR
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:59pm
Great! All are correct! :-)
Grammar - Tiffany, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:02pm
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Jack is taking a four-item true-false test. He has no knowledge about the...
- 6th Grade Grammar - Present perfect, past perfect or future perfect. This month...
- Grammar (will you check the rest please) - FIND THE ADVERB AND THE WORD IT ...
- IQ Test ? - A group of people took a new IQ test twice. Nearly all of those who ...
- 6th Grade Grammar - Past perfect or present perfect. Raj has told the reporter ...
- Math - Jorge is trying to learn all of the perfect squares. This knowledge will ...
- Grammar (Ms. Sue) - Indentify the tense of the underlined verb in each sentence ...
- Maths - Rupashi needs to get a perfect score of 100 For her last English test in...
- 6th Grade Grammar - Past perfect or present perfect. A reporter has interviewed ...
- Grammar (Ms. Sue) - I apologize for asking the same question, but I ...