Posted by Mae on Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:38pm.
Can someone explain how to find the derivative of :
1. y= 5^ãx / x
And the second derivative of:
For this question I got up to the first derivative and got this
y = e^10x + 10xe^10x but I can't seem to get the correct answer for the second derivative.
- sorry, the first question isnt showing up properly - Mae, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:41pm
, its suppose to be
5^squarerootx / x
- Derivatives- Math - Reiny, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:48pm
y = (5^(√x))/x
I would take ln of both sides
lny = ln (5^(√x))/x
lny = √x(ln5) - lnx
lny = (ln5)(x^1/2) - lnx
y' / y = (1/2)ln5(x^(-1/2)) - 1/x
y = [(5^(√x))/x][(1/2)ln5(x^(-1/2)) - 1/x]
(what a mess!)
for y = xe^10x
y' = e^10x + 10xe^10x is correct, now do it again
y'' = 10e^10x + 10(e^10x + 10xe^10x) , we just did that last part
= 20e^10x = 100xe^10x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Applied Calculus - Find the first and second derivative of the function: x/(7x+...
- math - For what intervals is g(x) = 1/x2 + 1 concave down? (Enter your answer ...
- calc - derivative of (x^3/6)+(1/2x)? i got (x^2/2)-(1/2x^2) is that correct? and...
- calculus - Find the first and second derivative - simplify your answer. y=x/4x+1...
- Calculus - I need to find the second derivative of y=x(x-1)^1/2. I found the ...
- calculus - Differentiate both sides of the double angle identify sin 2x= 2 sin x...
- Calc I - if f(t)=sqrt(4t+1) find f''(2) I got the first derivative to be: 1/2(4t...
- Calc - 1. Find values of a,b,c, and d such that g(x) = a(x^3)+b(x^2)+cx+d has a ...
- Calculus - derivatives - Okay, I want to find the derivative of (x^x)^(x^x)... ...
- calculus - Please help with this. I need the first derivative of f(x)=4(x+...