Posted by Kiara on Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:16pm.
Mr. Kimball has a swimming pool that measures 20 feet long by 15 feet wide. He is adding a walkway around the pool that is 3 feet wide all around. What will be the perimeter of the walkway?
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:22pm
20 + 6 = 26
15 + 6 = 21
P = (2 * 26) + (2 * 21)
P = ?
4th grade - Kiara, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:33pm
Can it be: (2*20) + (2*15) + (4*3)
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:35pm
Draw this out on a piece of graph paper. Then you'll see which answer is correct.
4th grade - Kiara, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:40pm
But wouldn't it be (2*23) + (2*18) than?
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:47pm
The walk goes all the way around the pool.
The pool is 20 feet long and has 3 feet of walk on one end and 3 feet of walk on the other end. Thus the length of the walk on each side is 26 feet.
The pool is 15 feet wide and has 3 feet of walk on each side. Thus the total length of the walk on each side is 21 feet.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - can u please help me with this math problem. i don't get how to do this ...
- Geometry - A rectanglular swimming pool has a length of 25 feet and a width of ...
- algebra - A rectangular swimming pool is twice as long as it is wide. A small ...
- Algebra - A rectangular swimming pool is twice as long as it is wide. A small ...
- Math - I need some help with this problem please!! your parents are installing a...
- math - Find the area of a walkway that goes around a rectangular swimming pool. ...
- Geometry - emily has a square swimming pool that has the side length of 20 feet...
- Math - A rectangular pool measuring 6 feet by 12 feet is surrounded by a walkway...
- Maths - A rectangular pool is 40 meters long and 30 feet wide. A walkway 3 feet ...
- Math - 1. A gardener has 30 feet by 20 feet rectangular plot of ground. He wants...