Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 9:52pm.
Solve this quadratic equation b2 - 10b plus 25 equals 0
- 12th grade algebra - PsyDAG, Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 11:04pm
b^2 - 10b + 25 = 0
(b -5)(b - 5) = 0
Can you work it from there?
- 12th grade - Anonymous, Monday, April 26, 2010 at 12:39pm
How to solve 2nd degree equations easily:
- 12th grade - Nolan, Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 5:50pm
I don't agree Anonymous.
To solve 2nd degrees equations (aka find the roots of a trinomial function), you have first to put it to this form :
ax² + bx + c = 0 (where a, b and c are reals)
Then you have to calculate its discriminant (its delta) :
Δ = b² - 4ac
If Δ < 0, there is no real solution.
If Δ = 0, there is one solution :
x = -b/(2a)
If Δ > 0, there are two solutions :
x = (-b + sqrt(Δ))/(2a)
or x = (-b - sqrt(Δ))/(2a)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra ll - solve the system of equation. 4x - 3y equals 14 y equals -3x plus 4...
- math - write the equation 5x plus y equals 2 which equals 0 in normal form. my ...
- math - My problem I have involves a method that requires using the quadratic ...
- Math 222 - what is the value of the discriminant and of the real solutions of ...
- chemistry!!! /10th grade - How many molecules of hydrogen are produced if 13.05 ...
- algebra again - Write an equation that passes through the points (4, 3) and (2...
- algebra II - I'm quite clueless as to how to solve this. I know the quadratic ...
- Math 222 - Posted by Tika on Monday, April 27, 2015 at 1:08pm. what is the value...
- algebra - Graphthe equation y plus 6 equals 1/8(x-2 1/8x - 2/8 add 2/8 to 6, so ...
- algebra - f the distance the car traveled after applying the brakes equals 20 ...