Posted by Samantha on Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 7:19pm.
I am solving for linear equations and I'm wondering if I did Step 3 right..
- Algebra1 - Reiny, Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 9:04pm
What a hard way of doing it.
look at the second equation, it is very easy to solve for x
x = 8+y
now sub that into the first
3(8+y) - y = 8
24 + 3y - y = 8
2y = -16
y = -8
back in x = 8+y
x = 8+(-8) = 0
Your last two lines of step1 are wrong
should have been
of course that makes all the statements is Step 2 incorrect.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- algebra 1 - ELEMENTARY ALGEBRA #3 Page 23 Chapter 3 Lesson 3.02 Solving Multi-...
- Quick math help - In which step below does a mistake first appear in simplifying...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- MATH - A student is solving the equation 81x – 1 = 3x + 2. Step 1: 81x – 1 = 3x...
- Chemistry - In a chain mechanism, a reaction in which two free radicals combine ...
- pre algebra - solve the equation step by step.list each step along with the ...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- algerbra - solve the equation step by step list each step along with the ...
- english! - Make sure you understand the topic(s) is a step in the research ...