Posted by y912f on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2:09pm.
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the types of forests that grow in Northern Eurasia?
a. mid-latitude deciduous forest
b. mixed forest (deciduous and coniferous)
c. coniferous forest
2. The rivers of Siberia, when not frozen, have been used for centuries to transport
a. agricultural products
b. lumber from nearby forests
c. people to nearby factories
d. tourists to see the natural wonders
I narrowed my choices to either A or C. But my sister thinks the answer is B. I'm really confused.
4. Which account of an Azerbaijani demonstration for independence that turned into an riot do you think would be the most reliable?
a. the account in a Soviet newspaper
b. the account of an Azerbaijani protester
c. the account of a Swedish reporter
d. the account of a Muslim leader
10. Relatively little economic activity occurs
a. along the Indian coast
b. in areas of high population density
c. along the mountainous northern border of South Asia
d. in the southern portion of India
20. Tanzania's government turned around the country's failing economy by
a. forcing people to move into towns and to work on collective farms
b. paying farmers a price for their crops that allowed them a profit
c. creating government mining companies to mine the natural resources
d. obtaining foreign loans that allowed the buildup of small industry
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2:17pm
All of these answers are correct, including your sister's answer for number 2.
- Geography - GuruBlue, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2:21pm
#2 I agree with your sister.
#20.....check this site
The rest of them look good.
- Geography - y912f, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2:27pm
I'm still not sure if I'm right on 20 or not, though.
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2:31pm
It looks as though I was wrong. (I should have done more research.) Number 20 seems to be D. Thanks Guru.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 1. Which of the following is NOT one of the types of forests that ...
- Geography - I have to write a short essay for this topic: Describe the various ...
- Geography - question: Describe the various types of forest vegetation make sure ...
- Science - The biome with the fewest seasonal changes is the A. temperate ...
- Geography - What is the difference between coniferous and deciduous trees? My ...
- science - A ________ biome is a cold, dry area where the sun barely rises during...
- World Geography - REVIEW Which ecosystem usually supports thick forests of ...
- Geography (Ms.Sue) - I got it!!!! 13. The Southern tip of South Africa contains ...
- science - This biome extends across Canada and down the Sierra Nevadas and Rocky...
- english - My teacher told me that this sentence is ambigious. Can someone help ...