Posted by Sarah on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 1:08pm.
The table at right shows measurements made on a circle with a one-meter radius. Each entry in the s-column is an arc length,and the adjacent entry in the c-column is the corresponding chord length, both in meters. Explain why c < s, and determine the range of values for c and for s. With s on the horizontal axis and c on the vertical axis, sketch an approximate graph of
c vs s.
Then.(Continuation)Express s and c in terms of è, the central angle that intercepts s and c. Combine these equations to express c as a function of s. Graph this relationship.
- Geometry/math - drwls, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 1:23pm
We can't draw graphs for you. You have the data to draw one yourself.
Is your symbol è supposed to be theta? Let's just call it angle A. I will assume it is in radians.
The arc length is
s = Radius*A = A
The chord length is
c = 2 R sin (A/2) = 2 sin (A/2)
c = 2 sin (s/2)
The data in the table fits that equation well.
- Geometry/math - sonia, Monday, August 9, 2010 at 12:02am
USE THE GIVEN SET OF POINTS TO PROVE EACH CONGRUENCE STATEMENT
E(-3, 3), F(-1, 3), G(-2, 0), J(0, -1), K(2,-1), L(1, 2);<EFG=<JKL
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- apex geometry - Hannah constructed two similar circles as seen in the image ...
- Math Arc Length - Find the arc length corresponding to an angle of a degrees on ...
- geometry - The radius of a circle is 6cm and the arc measurement is 120 degrees...
- science - kendra was looking at recipes in a cookbook. she divided some of the ...
- Math rem - 2.Find the length of the arc in a circle if the radius of the circle ...
- Business Consulting, Intro to Computers - • Bill wants the entry in Column G to ...
- keybording and word processing - 7. to adjust a column's width in a table, you ...
- math - Whats the difference between an arc [of a circle]'s length and measure? ...
- Geometry - A circle with center O has a radius of 17. Chord AB in the same ...
- math - suppose the diameter of a circle has length d. the length of a chord is ...