Posted by Fred on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 10:28am.
If f(x) = (e^(x))sin(x) what is the 1000th derivative?
Step are needed and the general rule/pattern
- Calculus - Reiny, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 10:43am
y = e^x(sinx)
yI = e^xcosx + e^xsinx
= e^x(cosx + sinx)
yII = e^x(-sinx + cosx) + e^x(cosx + sinx)
= e^x(2cosx) = 2e^x(cosx)
yIII = 2e^x(-sinx) + 2e^x(cosx)
= 2e^x(cosx - sinx)
yIV = 2e^x(-sinx-cosx) + 2e^x(cosx - sinx)
Ahhh so it took 4 derivatives to reach -4(what we started with)
so yVIII would be (-4)(-4)e^x(sinx)
so y1000= (-4)^250(e^x(sinx))
- Calculus - Joey, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 10:47am
where did u get the 250 from?
- Calculus - Damon, Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 10:51am
every fourth one is 4 times four before it.
1000/4 is 250
Answer this Question
- calculus - Could someone check my reasoning? thanx Find the derivative of the ...
- Calculus - 1.) Find the derivative of tan (sec x). 2.) Find the derivative if 1/...
- Math - Help, I can't find the pattern rule for this sequence(eg. -6,-3,2,9,18 ...
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...
- Calculus - I have y = sin^2(3^(x)) which I rewrite as y = (sin(3^(x)))^2 I got ...
- Calculus - Use the General Power Rule or the Shifting and Scaling Rule to find ...
- CALCULUS - what is the derivative of ln(x-1)? If you are studying the calculus ...
- Calculus - How do I use the chain rule to find the derivative of square root(1-x...
- calculus - let y=(x+sin(x))^2 f(x)=? g(x)=? (f o g)'=? compute the derivative ...
- Maths - Calculus - Can anyone help with this...I need to find the derivative of...