Posted by Ali on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 9:25pm.
Can you find 3 metaphors and 10 alliterations in this poem?
1.She comes back night, in fearsome flight,
2. In garments black as pitch,
3.The queen of doom upon her broom,
4.The wild and wicked witch,
5.A cackling crone with brittle bones
6.And desiccated limbs,
7.Two evil eyes with warts and sties
8.And bags about the rims,
9.A dangling nose, ten twisted toes
10.And folds of shriveled skin,
11.Cracked and chipped and crackled lips
12.That frame a toothless grin.
13.She hurtles by, she sweeps the sky
14.And hurls a piercing screech.
15.As she swoops past, a spell is cast
16.On all her curses reach
17.take care to hide when the wild witch rides
18.To shriek her evil spell.
19.What she may do with a word or two
20.Is much too grim to tell
by Jack Prelutsky
Langusge Arts - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 9:28pm
The more important question is -- Can you find these metaphors and alliterations?
Langusge Arts - jen, Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 12:17am
Ali- alliteration is repeating the same sound over and over (Mary made many mushrooms.
A metaphor is a comparison between things which doesn't use like or as (if it did, it would be a simile).
Try to find them and we will check your answers. :)
Langusge Arts - bob, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 8:03pm
what are the metaphors in here
Langusge Arts - Lisa, Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 3:49pm
Folds of shriveled skin
Langusge Arts - Mark, Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7:14pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Mrs. Decker saw three witches land in a field where they found a pile of ...
- Social Studies - Witch country brought basball to the central american countries...
- literature - The wicked witch and the big bad wolf are examples of
- literature - the wicked witch and the big head wolf are examples of
- English - How did Arthur Miller use the witch trials to represent the McCarthy ...
- The lion,the witch, and the wardrbe. in ch. 12-14 - What does the witch prepare ...
- english - Does this sentence make sense?: A highly informative book, Marc ...
- Socials - this is what it says in my book: We use the term "witch-hunt" now to ...
- History: Salem Witch Trials - How did the Salem Witch Trials and verdicts affect...
- Math - In “Adventures of Isabel,” how is the doctor different from Isabel’s ...