Posted by anna on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 8:07pm.
a license plate has 2 letters followed by 4 digits.how many license plates are possible if the digits and letters can be repeated?
i think it is i(the 4th one) am i correct thank you for helping me
- Correct - MathMate, Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 8:52pm
Your answer is correct:
Number of choices for first letter
for second letter
for first digit
for second digit
for third digit
for fourth digit
Total number of possible outcomes
In the future, if you are suggesting answers for checking, it would be beneficial if you explain how you got the answer. In maths, it's how you get the answer that counts, not just the answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math check my work - a license plate has 2 letters followed by 4 digits.how many...
- Computers - In Python - A state creates license plates, each containing two ...
- Math - How do I work this problem? A license plate is to consist of 2 letters ...
- College probability and statistics - The current license plates in New York ...
- survey of math - A license plate is to consist of 2 letters followed by 3 digits...
- Math - A state creates license plates that each contain two letters followed by ...
- statistics - A license plate is to have 3 digits followed by 2 uppercase ...
- Math - A license plate is to consist of two letters followed by three digits. ...
- math - A state's license plate contains 3 letters followed by 3 digits. How many...
- algebra - In Utah, a license plate consists of 3 digits followed by 3 letters. ...