Posted by Lauren on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 7:47pm.
All the directions say for these three problems is multiply and simplify. Are my answers correct? Thank you
- Math Check - Damon, Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 7:57pm
A) You have a plus sign in the first one so it is add, not multiply. It is wrong anyway for adding or multiplying.
B) One way to do these is to split them up using the distributive property
(x+1)(2x-1) = x(2x-1) + 1 (2x-1)
= 2 x^2 - x + 2x - 1
= 2 x^2 + 1x - 1
C) x(x^2+2x-3) -2(x^2+2x-3)
x^3 +2x^2 -3x -2x^2 -4x +6
= x^3 -7x +6
- Math Check - Lauren, Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 8:04pm
Srry the problem for a is suppose to be 2x(x^2-3x+2) this is my answer
- Math Check - Damon, Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 8:07pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- Math 8R: Homework Check - Part 2 - Part 2: Simplify by combining like terms and...
- Algebra - Can someone check my algebra answers and help me with the problems I ...
- Algebra 1--Please, check my answers! - Multiply. Simplify your answer. 1. (n + 3...
- Algebra - Can you please check my work? You have helped other students I know. ...
- Please check answers) - Perform the indicated operations and simplify the result...
- Math check and question - x is a binomial random variable. (Give your answers ...
- math - A math contest consists of ten problems.Three points are given for each ...
- drbob222 math,correction - i made some corrections for the previous postage can ...
- 8th Grade Algebra: Answer Check - Find the length of the 3rd side of each right ...